Plantforce are a London based company supplying and maintaining interior and exterior Plants. The management and all who work at Plantforce are committed to the care of the environment and preventing pollution.
Plantforce recognise that its activities interact with the environment mainly via the use of natural resources, energy consumption and transport use. We are committed to continually reducing these and achieved this by setting annual environmental improvement objectives and targets which are regularly monitored and reviewed. The objectives and targets are publicised throughout the organisation and all staff are committed to their achievement.
We take the following actions to minimise our environmental impact.
- Comply with all existing and future environmental legislation, best practices and codes of conduct in order to safeguard our environment.
- Reduce consumption and waste production by elimination, reduction, reuse and recovery of consumables.
- We have a purchasing policy, which promotes the procurement of local, sustainable and recycled products and establish an approved supplier system by communicating all aspects of this environmental policy to our supply chain using environmental questionnaires.
- Source botanical products that are carefully formulated from raw materials managed on a sustainable basis, where possible using organic alternatives, In particular using peat free and re-cycled peat composts.
- Provide sufficient resources and training to all members of staff to ensure high standards of environmental management and promote best practice.
- Support the following charities; Crisis, Salvation Army, Gt. Ormond Street Hospital, Mudchute Urban Farm, local charity’s and schools and maintain plants at cost price for some charities, as part of our social responsibility.
- In order to ensure the achievement of the above commitments, the organisation has implemented an environmental management system which satisfies the requirements of BS EN ISO 14001:2015.
- This Policy and the obligations and responsibilities required by the environmental management system have been communicated to and discussed with all employees. The Policy is publicly available on request and is sent to all our clients, prospective clients and suppliers. Plantforce are committed to continually improving their environmental performance by reviewing this policy yearly.
Helen Rhys Jones
Registered in England. No. 2020892
Cannon Workshops, West India Docks
London, E14 4AS